Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wrestling and Temptation

My children and I really enjoy wrestling, especially my son. (“Daddy, you wunna westle?) I have been trying to teach them what it means to be pinned and to pin someone for three seconds. Corban really gets it. He fights against me putting him on his back. When I get to “two” in my count he really thrashes to get up. Anna, my 2-year-old absolutely does not get it. When I put any pressure on her, she willingly falls onto the floor, purposely on her back and just giggles as I count to three and declare my victory.

I can’t help thinking of our struggle with temptation and sin. The constant battle that wages in our secret places applies increased pressure some times more than others. Do you get it? Do understand that this is a struggle and fight back, or are you like me some times and just give up before the struggle really begins, allowing Satan to count to three and declare a victory?

“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” (Eph 6:12)

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)

“But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Cor 15:57)

Don’t get pinned. Don’t give up. Get up and declare God’s victory!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger III said...

Good thoughts. Sometimes I hear people say, "I've been struggling lately." But I get the impression that they haven't actually been "struggling" at all -- they've just laid down & let themselves be pinned.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home